1 long term volunteer
12 short term volunteers
Become a part of our School Gardens team! Learn about sustainable gardening, working with children, photography & video production.
1 long term volunteer
12 short term volunteers
Become a part of our happy international team! Enjoy working with people who love their job in a relaxed, supporting and professional atmosphere.
Learn how to work with children with creative, inovative and non-formal tools in a classroom kids like the most: the school garden!
Learn the basics of organic urban gardening and how to inspire children (and yourself!) for sustainable actions and healthier lifestyle that respects our planet.
Live for 10 months in the city with a heart! Zagreb is one of the top deatinations in Europe, a large and dynamic city which managed to stay romantic and safe.
Show and improve your photography and video making skills with the help of our PR & marketing team.
Learn how a good functioning NGO works in our green oasis office in the very centre of Zagreb with the most beautiful terrace garden!
We are looking for young people from 18-30 from partner coutries: PORTUGAL, ITALY, BULGARIA, FYR MACEDONIA, GREECE, TURKEY, who are:
• Highly motivated
• can communicate in English
• Have experience or are eager to work with children
• have experience or are eager to learn about gardening, craft, DIY
• are willing to take part in a vegetarian/vegan challenge during the project *
• Have experience with photography
• Have experience with video shooting/production
During selection an advantage will be given to motivated participants facing fewer opportunities
* Promoting vegetarianism is important to us from two aspects – sustainability and nonviolence. The excessive consumption of meat in the modern societies has a big negative ecological footprint. We think it is important to correct this negative trend and show by example how it is possible to consume little or no meat at all, be healthy and eat tasty happy food!
The “Green Fingers – Oasis for children” is an EVS project that will bring together 1 long term and 12 short term volunteers in Zagreb and engage them in maintaining urban school gardens together with around 2000 children and teachers in 3 Primary schools in Zagreb, Croatia.
This project has as main objectives (1) work on reconnecting children and youth to nature in an urban environment, and (2) to put into practice principles of non-formal education with children and young people about environment protection and sustainability, by practical means that will give them the knowledge and skills to apply it the future on their own and share with others.
The project long term mobility will take place over period March-December 2018 (1 volunteer for 1 months) and short term mobility over period April-June (12 volunteers for 59 days).
SCHOOL ACTIVITIES WITH CHILDREN:
• Gardening with children
• Foreign language workshops for children (“Garden Dictionary”)
• Craft, recycling and garden decorations workshops
• Environment education with children
• Organising the “Urban Garden Festival”
• Organising a public awareness activity for the International Environment Protection Day (June 5th)
• “Love Your Greens” promotion of vegetarian cooking
• On-Arrival Training and additional Mid-term training for long term volunteers
• Introduction to working with children
• Introduction to sustainable gardening
• Educational excursions
OFFICE ACTIVITIES – only for long term volunteers:
• Administration and organisation
• Assisting with preparation for the short term mobilities
• Visibility, promotion and marketing
• Photographing and video shooting/production
• Personal project. All volunteers will have an opportunity to focus on development of a personal project, that will contribute to their satisfaction and support their learning goals.
O.A.ZA. – Sustainable Alternative to Community (in Croatian „Održiva Alternativa ZAjednici“) is a nonprofit organization established in January 2013 in Zagreb, Croatia. Our aim is to provide programmes and create a motivating environment for the development of young people who will become model leaders of sustainable development.
As „Nomen est omen“ – we chose our name: „sustainable” because we promote sustainable development as a way of life and action. „Alternative” because we advocate for lifestyles and mindsets which aren’t so common in today’s consumerist world. „Community” because we want to encourage the growth of young leaders who will guide the society towards sustainable future. Acronim OAZA also means „oasis“ in Croatian, and if you have a chance to visit our office in the centere of Zagreb, you will see for your self that the name was a sign there too as our office loaded with plants which makes it a bit jungle like and literaly very, very green.
Our holistic approach to personal development helps young people adopt a positive value system and empowers them to take responsibility for themselves, other people and the planet. We focus on youth work, leadership, social entrepreneurship, and enviromental protection.
1. DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW
2. FIL IN THE APPLICATION FORM
3. SEND THE APPLICATION FORM, YOUR PHOTO AND CV AT email@example.com
4. WAIT FOR US TO CONTACT YOU 🙂
February 17th 2018 (long term EVS)
February 28th 2018 (short term EVS)